Thursday, February 21, 2013

Empty Nest

We had a snow day today.

Big Daddy and I spent the day watching Ben Affleck free American hostages in Iran and James Bond  usher in a new 'M'.  We drank red wine and ate ham and beans with corn bread.

I cannot remember the last time that happened.

Utterly and entirely satisfactory.  

Screw that.  

Joyous!

Why the melancholy?

Because it was a snow day.

...and there were no piles of wet clothes in the laundry room, no homemade cocoa, no deep-voiced laughs coming from over excited teenage boys playing Rock Band and Halo in the living room.

These days were always expected.  I have blogged in days past about my dread of their coming.  

Alas the circle of life. 

So back to my red wine and beans.  Maybe another movie.

...and cocoa.  Yeah.  Adult cocoa.

Baileys or Kahlua?

No comments:

sitemeter