Sunday, August 31, 2008

Yes, Thank you.

We were walking down the boardwalk last night.  


Prior to this unfortunate incident.

We happened upon a gorgeous Asian family having their picture taken with the beautiful Taneycomo as the backdrop.  Asian Grandpa stood across the sidewalk lining up his sons, daughters, grandchildren and new grandbaby.

Being a former citizen of the City, I couldn't let this moment pass by without offering my assistance.  I used my best mullet body language to motion to his camera and suggest that he let me take the picture so he could get in the shot with the rest of his family.

RarRarRarRarRarRar!

This is, of course, universal grumpy grandpa speak for "Buzz off!  If I wanted my picture taken I'd have asked.  Go about your business and leave me alone!"

To which Asian grandma replied:

Ooooh!YisYisYisThankyouThankyouThankyouYisYisYis.

Which, of course, is universal grandmas speak for, "Shut up you old fool and get your ass in the picture!"

I took the first shot with everyone smiling happily.

...except Grandpa.

When I was finished, I presented the view finder for Grandpa's approval.

RarRarRarRarRarRar!

Which, of course, is universal grumpy grandpa speak for "Jesus Christ that picture sucks.  If you can't take a photo any better than that why did you even offer!"

To which Asian grandma replied:

Ooooh!YisYisYisThankyouThankyouThankyouYisYisYis.

Which, of course, is universal grandma speak for, "That's perfect!  What the cat hair are you griping about?"

He thrust the camera back at me to try again.  When I finished, I once again handed the camera back to him for his approval.

Rar!

This is, of course, universal grumpy grandpa speak for "If this is the best you can muster, I guess it will have to do."

To which Asian grandma replied:

Ooooh!YisYisYisThankyouThankyouThankyouYisYisYis.

Which, of course, is universal grandmas speak for, "Ooooh! Yes. Yes. Yes. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Yes. Yes. Yes."

Big Daddy and I continued down the boardwalk.

Sugar, I don't think he wanted his picture taken.

Ya think?

No comments:

sitemeter