Tuesday, December 30, 2008

That's the Breaks

I've broken three wine stems this week.


One broke in my hand.  I was picking it up to fill it and it simply shattered (Shadoobie) leaving a gash in my middle finger-a finger that gets a lot of activity I might add.  It bled profusely, but now is just sore and healing into a dandy scar.

Two I forced into the top rack of the dishwasher. I snapped them right off at the base of the bowl.

Now, I knew after I broke the first one that the second one wouldn't fit.  But because of the red wine consumed in said glass, I was convinced that this time around a glass would indeed fit. Somehow the dishwasher's dimensions had changed overnight.

I was sure of it.

In fact, I was a little shocked and surprised when for the second time in 24 hours a stem snapped off when I tried to slide the top rack back in.

Ping!

Hmm. 

Is it pure coincidence that Big gifted me with a set of stemless wine glasses for Christmas?

I think not.

No comments:

sitemeter