Monday, February 11, 2008

Tea Time

I'm standing at my kitchen door with a mug of hot coffee in my hand watching Mother Nature do her thing.

It's raining ice from the sky this morning. Schools are out. Businesses are closed.

Wicked stuff.

We have a coating of ice covering our little fire pit on the deck.

Big Daddy insisted I stay home today.

Where is he?

On the road to work, of course.

There sounds another clap of thunder.

I'm used to ice storms, but the thunder and lightening that is accompanying this thing is making for very odd weather indeed. T and L? During an ice storm in the dead of winter?

I love a good summer thunderstorm. It does the heart good.

But this?

This is something else.

I think I'll put on a big pot of oatmeal for breakfast and maybe make a pot of tea. I'll dust off one of Prissy's old pots.

...Yeah, I think I'll do that.

No comments:

sitemeter