Saturday, September 8, 2007

Granny 2

How are you today, Granny?

Oh, hey Baby, you caught me asleep.

I'm sorry. I'll let you go.

No I was just dozing in my chair. How's yer Mommy?

She's depressed today. She started in again on how she wishes she'd never sold her house and how she hates it at the home and how she doesn't understand why the good Lord doesn't just take her home. You know, the usual. So, in that light, I guess she's OK.


Well, good. I know she's a trial, Babe, but you're doing the right thing.


Whatever.
Anyway, how are you feeling?

I'm doing pretty good. I kind of dread Monday. You know what Monday is, don't you?


(I do, but I let her tell me, anyway) What?

Your poor old Grandpa would have been 92 had he lived.


Really? Wow 92.


Yeah, all I have left now are my memories.


I know it, Granny. But at least you have those. Where's Uncle Hippy?


Oh, he went to town to get me some Kentucky Fried Chicken for lunch.


Good stuff. What's for dessert? You know I try to make your banana pudding, but it just doesn't taste the same.


Oh, Baby, you know Granny can't cook no more.


I know, but I remember every time we came to your house for lunch, we'd have ham, potato salad and banana pudding.


You remember that?


I do. It was the best.


Well, Baby I better go. Your uncle just got back. I hope he remembered the slaw. Bye, Baby.


Bye, Granny.

No comments:

sitemeter