Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Stuff in My Ears

Sugar Britches’ Playlist Edition:
Stuff in My Ears
Release Date: September 25, 2007
Total: 14 Songs

This is just stuff on my iPod. Some new, some not so new. I can never bring myself to skip over these songs when they come up for play.

So Iffin’ ya care...

“Wash Away”-Joe Purdy (Track 1): I love the calming effect of this song.

“Diner”- Martin Sexton (Track 2): It just talks about the great American diner. In a finger snapping kind of way.

“Dreaming of You”-The Coral (Track 3): An odd little song that just stays with you.

“All of my Days”-Alexi Murdoch (Track 4): He’s a young Scottish hottie and his voice captivates me.

“I Shall Not Walk Alone” Blind Boys of Alabama. (Track 5): This song sings to my soul. I tear up every time I hear it.


“Somewhere Over the Rainbow” Israel Kamakawiwo'ole (Track 6): You’ve probably heard this version you just don’t realize it.

“1234” Fiest (Track 7): Feel good pop.

“Rain Song” PJ Olsson (Track 8): I just recently discovered this guy. This song talks about being a parent-especially if you daddy a little girl.

“Question” Old 97’s (Track 9): “Some day someone’s going to ask you a question you should say yes to".

“Thou Shalt Always Kill” Dan Le Sac v. Scroobius Pip (Track 10): “Dan Le Sac makes original techno hip hop productions, while Scroobius Pip is a performance poet who adds politically intelligent raps.” I took this from Last FM’s description, but it sums it up. This song makes some valid points while still being wildly infectious.

“My Little Brother” Art Brut (Track 11): A new song that just makes me laugh. Stay off the crack!

“Sinnerman” Nina Simone/Housecat’s Mix (Track 12): A travesty to some, but a great new spin on a classic.

“Sweep” Blue Foundation (Track 13): This song clocks in at 10:52, but stay with it. You’ll go on a fantastic journey, I promise.

“Our Town” Iris DeMent (Track 14): An old song, but it’s sad, nostalgic, and hopeful all at the same time. I get a lump in my throat.

No comments:

sitemeter