Thursday, January 24, 2008

Opinions are Like...

This pisses me off.

I’m sorry Heath Ledger is dead. I am. His death was unexpected in a world where this type of thing is well, expected.

But Fred Phelps and his band of merry bigots-picketing his funeral-makes me madder than a old wet hen.

How do supposed believers of Jesus Christ think that this demonstration is in any way indicative of his teachings?

OK.

I’m not a smart woman.

Have you ever seen any sign of intelligent life coming from outta my posts?

There ya go then.

So I don’t debate the issues. In a battle of wits I always come to the field unarmed. It’s hard for me to give my opinion sometimes.

But…

Here it is. As is entitled to me.

These people are fools. They spread hate, lies, misinformation, and bullshit.

I am embarrassed and hurt that my gay friends have to deal with this kind of crap in the world.

I am embarrassed beyond belief to think that as a Baptist, I could somehow be associated with these nutcases. People who don’t know better might think that all of us are bigoted, bilious, hate-mongering, gay-bashing ass-wipes.

I am embarrassed that these idiots are only geographically a hop, skip and a jump away from me.

I'm embarrassed that they perform these hideous stunts.

In the name of Jesus!

The Jesus I know tells me to pray for these jack asses. He instructs me to love them.

To not throw stones.

To wash their feet.

That ain’t easy, Kids.

It’s hard for me to follow right now.

…and that’s not debatable.

No comments:

sitemeter