Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I'm so Ashamed

I'm a drummer you know.


Actually I'm a better singer than drummer.  I can play lead guitar passably, but if I had my druthers I'd leave that up to someone with more skill.

I've toured Amsterdam and London.  We got kicked off stage in New York because our vocalist sucked and the rest of us couldn't save him.

Alas.

Little turns fifteen this weekend and since we're going to be at the lake, I gave him his birthday present early. The last item I bought with my discount before I quit the second job was...

Rock Band.

It was a completely frivolous and unnecessary purchase.  I'm racked with shame that I gave into his pleas.  I should be dumped into the Pit of Useless Mothers for even considering such a total waste of money and time.

...that is, until he asked me to sing.

Please, Ma.  You know this song don't you?  It's Dead or Alive.

Oh dear God.  He played the Bon Jovi card.

Damn.

I knew that song and flat rocked Run to the Hills to the point I earned us a tour bus and several groupies.

I'm not a gamer, but I've got to tell you...

I will play this game till I have blisters on my ass and fingers.  

I'm obsessed. 

I can't get enough. 

I've stayed up until all hours because I will, by God pass 90% on medium drumming.  I go to sleep humming Say it Isn't So.  I drive to work with Blitzkrieg Bop running over and over in my head.

I have no time to blog because I'm

4 comments:

MoxieMamaKC said...

Rock on, Sugar! You get the Coolest Mom Until She Takes Over My New Toy Award! (It happened with our dad when we got our first Nintendo way back in the day). My dad just HAD to beat Bowser in Mario Bros. Have fun. I'm not a gamer either, but my BIL brings his Rock Band over for family functions and it IS a cool game!

Sugar Britches said...

It is so much fun, Moxie! I haven't been this much into a game since Pong. I spent way too much time playing Myst when it first came out, but that is a computer game and doesn't count. HA!

Anonymous said...

I just bought Guitar Hero. I would of totally bought Rock Band if I could of afforded it. I'm not a gamer either, but am totally and completely addicted!

(found you surfing twitter, btw)

Sugar Britches said...

Well hi there, Sheila. Glad to meet you!

I don't think I have the strength for Guitar Hero. One is enough.

sitemeter