Wednesday, July 25, 2007

You know by now, that I spend a lot of time reading crap. I guess any reading is better than no reading at all, but the problem is I subsidize my crap reading with crap television viewing. And I tend to engage in both activities paired with a cocktail. So now that summer is at its peak, I’ve compiled a list of classic American literary pieces (open for discussion I know) to read in between craps.

Here’s what I’ve got so far:

Truman Capote In Cold Blood
F Scott Fitzgerald The Great Gatsby
Mark Twain Huckleberry Finn*
James F Cooper The Last of the Mohicans
Ernest Hemingway A Farewell to Arms*
Louisa Mae Alcott Little Women
John Steinbeck Grapes of Wrath
Henry David Thoreau Walden*
Walt Whitman Leaves of Grass*
Willa Cather Oh! Pioneers

*denotes a re-read

What would you add or replace?

No comments:

sitemeter