Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Rhetorical?

I was listening to some politickin' today. 


The Democratic convention and all.

I suspect I'll be listening when it is time for the Republican shindig, too.

All my life I've been told how important it is to vote.  "It's our duty as Americans to get out there and let our voices be heard!"

But, how about those folks who don't really have a voice?   The folks who vote just because it's their 'God-given' right.  They don't really know how they want to vote, they just close their eyes and circle the name the finger falls on. 

I've known it to happen.

I'm not very smart, but isn't that dangerous? 

This is my dilemma.  I'm out there trying to wrap my feeble brain around some of these issues, and the more I learn the more confused I get.  I get nervous.  What if I'm wrong?  What if I'm convinced of one thing and later down the road regret my decision?

Shouldn't being informed go hand in hand with that vote you cast? Or at least make an effort to be?
 
I guess the question I ask is:  Which is worse-an ignorant vote or no vote at all?

'tis a quandary. 

No comments:

sitemeter